Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Tball : Playing with Friends

This handsome boy of ours started his first YMCA sport! After seeing Tanner play basketball and soccer, Troy really wanted to play something himself. He did pretty good at practice last week.. until he had to stand on the pitcher's mound.. it all went downhill after that. We've found that our little, shy guy DOES NOT like to be in front of people. He very much prefers somewhere in the outfield. 

His first game was pretty rough. He showed up happy (as you can see below!), but once he saw just how many people were at the game, the darn waterworks started and our poor buddy couldn't shut them off. He stayed out on the field the first round, while the other team was at bat, but then he was done, so mom sat with him in the dugout. We stayed and cheered his team on and afterwards he left with a gatorade and fruit snack :) Practice is tomorrow and then his game on Monday. We'll see how we do the second go-round!


We have the best neighbors.. seriously! Our neighbor Elgene runs a daycare.. and has a swingset.. AND a fenced backyard. She watches a little boy who is between Tanner and Troy's age so they play together every day! There's also a little girl, probably about Tanner's age, that asks to play with Nell too! They all get along great and so Elgene has invited our kiddos over just about every day! Today they're playing in the sprinklers.

I slept horribly last night. Contractions all night and constant tossing and turning because of them. I was absolutely sure I was going to have to go in today so I got the kids and I ready... and cleaned the house :) Contractions were still going strong and I was feeling good about it all.. then they stopped. Either way baby comes (scheduled or on my own) we're so close! 

No comments:

Post a Comment