Friday, November 26, 2010

Gobble Gobble Turkey Feast

I can't believe November has already come and gone! This month went by so fast. Tanner had his first Grandparent's Day at school and so both Gramie and Grandpa Larsen came to his class for the day. We misread the "Grandparent's Day Send Out" that we recieved and so we were the only ones who brought snacks, but I think that was a good thing! Tanner showed us how he's not only learning sign language at school, but he's also getting very good at Spanish! I really hope he sticks with it... I'd love for all of our children to know Spanish!! Tanner also had his "Gobble Gobble Sharing Feast" at school. We were asked to bring Tanner's favorite food to class... we brought brownies, only because Mom didn't want to run to the store and it's what we had on hand. I have to say, though, I think they were the best brownies that I've ever baked!! One of Tanner's classmates brought Mickey D's french fries for everybody.. I thought that was a really cute idea! I might have to try that for the kindergarten party??!! Aren't my little turkeys that I made cute?! There was a little bit of brownie in each cup for the kids and teachers! 
Of course, Troy had to get in on the action of Grandparent's Day!



 Those are all the things Tanner hoped to have Thanksgiving Day! I love it!!

When Adam and I lived here in Utah when we first got married, I witnessed more snow fall than I ever thought possible! Well, we're back here now, and I CAN'T WAIT for it to all happen again! This is the start of it all.... I hope!! 
We were expecting a lot more snow than we got, but it was fun to still go out and play in it for awhile!

Our little snow babies!

Tanner made a necklace and an Indian head-dress at school!

I think most everyone knows by now, how flippin' handy/crafty my husband is. I LOVE this about him. He's always coming up with new ideas and he's pretty dang good at putting his ideas all together and making something amazing! He came up with the idea to build his own smoker (for our turkey) and within a couple of days, he had the whole thing built and ready to go. I wish I would have taken a before picture of the barrel he's using, but I didn't. Before it was blue and the paint was flaking off everywhere. After heating, cleaning, cutting, screwing, and painting he had a pretty fancy looking smoker. I thought it was going to look all rigged together, but after six years of being with this guy, I should have known better. It looked pretty darn professional!!!


We're taking orders now... 

Stirring up the fire/coals...


Only about 1/2 way done cooking...

Almost done...

I have tried and tried and TRIED to rotate this picture but it won't let me... Ugh!!! It's driving me crazy, but this was the end result!! I don't care for turkey at all, but honestly (and I'm not even saying this because I'm married to the chef) this was the most tender, juicy, delicious tasting turkey EVER!!! Great job, babe!

I love those snow covered mountains!

Tanner and Joplyn checked out the Black Friday ads while waiting for dinner to be made!

The same "rotating" problem is happening with this picture, but... this one is for Mom. This was my wicked awesome Thanksgiving salad!!!

Troy sure loves his black olives! Just like brother and just like his mom when she was little!

Carving the Thanksgiving turkey!

Troy didn't care for any turkey or ham... he was quite content with his hot dog!

Yum!! Check out that perfectly sliced turkey!!!


Troy LOVED Gramie's jello!

Troy finally got to meet his cousin Ryder!

Ryder thought these pictures would be better if he was showing his muscles!... and of course, Troy thought he was just too cool!

HaPpY ThAnKsGiViNg!!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. Adam's turkey looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete