Saturday, June 2, 2012

Another race, a better time!

It feels good to run.
Er, um, let me say that differently.
It feels good to compete in a race.

This morning started our day off perfectly.
We woke up, got ready, ate a quick breakfast and met up with our church peeps for the Fun Run they put on. We all had a blast! Not only was it fun to have everyone see me pant and sweat like a pig across the finish line, but it was nice to get together and visit :)

Thanks for Gramie watching the little hooligans for me!

I was so happy to get a group picture of everyone that came. Something nice to hold onto. Can you pick us out of the crowd?!

I was determined to beat my last 5k time, so I invested in Walmart's cheapest watch, complete with a fun light and stopwatch! ;) 

And we're off! Gosh, check out those chicken legs :(

Troy, Penelope and Gramie hung out at the finish line, waiting for me and Tanner.

Here he comes! Tanner completed his very first mile in 23:26!!! I'm so proud of him! He wanted so badly to run the 5k with me. Thankfully Toby was there and they stuck together through the whole thing!

It seemed like it took forever to reach the finish line. Here, I really felt like this was the end for me. I was completely out of breath and my legs had never felt more like jello. But I finished second and was sooooooooooooo excited to have beat my previous 5k time by a whopping 2 minutes!
24:56

Troy was much more congratulatory this go-round! It was about at this moment that Tanner asked if I could now run the 1 mile with him (again, stinkin' kids have soooo much energy!!).... maybe next time buddy :)

Anyways, now we're all exhausted and everyone is down for a nap :) Well, except for me of course. That would be pretty darn impressive to have made this post in my sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you both. What a little impressive man Tanner is! Good for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did awesome! I was very impressed :) That is such a cute pic of Tanner and Toby running, you'll have to send it to me! :)

    ReplyDelete