Dang, I feel like I haven't posted in forever!
Catching up on things... this is what we've been up to:
- Troy has learned some new words! "Bye, bye", "Buzz" (as in Buzz Lightyear), "Wash" (when he needs to clean something)
- Tanner's out-growing his imaginary friends! Sad day for mommy. It's hard when you're around the kids 24/7, you at times don't notice when things come or go because there's always so much going on. Tanner, today while painting, mentioned his friend John. Right when he said the name, my heart just about fell. I thought, "I haven't heard of John or Michael in forever!" It made me so sad, because I realized that he's out growing them...
- The belly button has officially popped! A few days ago, while I was getting ready and examining the big belly, I realized something that most pregnant women don't notice until much later in their pregnancy. My belly button has officially become an "expose-y"! The type of "button" I have, thankfully, won't become a full blown outtie (how is that spelled??) so we'll call it an "expose-y"!!
- Troy has helped The Terrible Twos Stage live up to its name. Man, he's such a pill these days. And not one of those easy teeny, tiny little pills that are easy to take... one of those big, honker horse pills. Uuuuuuuuuugh. I fight him every time I change his diaper or get him dressed. He even yells at me when I'm not getting him fed fast enough! He's such a stinker right now! But you'd never know it from that adorable, ornery face!!
(boogs and all!)
- Troy is such a Daddy's Boy! Man, does that little guy love his daddy! I'm not even allowed to put him to bed or get him in the morning because he screams at me and yells "Daaaaaa!" Since I get Mommy and Troy time ALL DAY LONG, while Daddy's at work, I'm okay with the fact that I'm second best when Adam's home!
- I sure do love scrapbooking! I've been hard at work! I've been busy with my brother Joe's scrapbook for his graduation gift. IT'S LOOKIN' GOOD! I'm so excited for him and my mom to finally see the finished product!! I just finished these bird silouette pictures for our bathroom.. I LOVE how they turned out and I love the frames that they're in. The frame on the left was gold and the frame on the right was a natural wood color, now both are black and lookin' awesome! Now I just need to find an amazing shower curtain to go with these and the new towels and rug Adam and I just bought!
(looks dang professional, if I do say so myself!)
- Adam has been doing an amazing job! He's built a wall in Fred and Jan's basement, giving them a second bedroom down there. Now that the wall is complete, he's getting ready to move onto building the closet! We're very excited for the day this project is complete, given the fact that we're staying with his parents, so we'll finally be staying in a two bedroom place instead of cramming into a one!
(Adam has a little "Dr. Evil" going on... or something ;)
- Tanner's getting ready for kindergarten!!! His preschool has sent us home some prep work for kindergarten! We need to buy him a folder this weekend so he can start bringing homework home (which he is very excited about)! I can't believe he only has four months left of preschool and then he's onto the big world of grade school! Eeek!
- It's exhausting looking up baby names. I dread looking through all those baby name books. It's page after page of Uganawa and Selfinia or whatever... you know what I mean. The weirdest, most ridiculous names ever and I scan through every one... trying to sound out most, but then usually giving up. I've come up with 27 boy names for Adam to look at (only 3 start with T!) and 14 girl names. He never likes anything I come up with but I'm pretty impressed with the boy names!! I hate looking up girl names because I have the hardest time. Is this a sign??! I'm destined for boys...
- The boys finally have a bunk bed!!! And I built the entire thing myself! Once I buy drywall anchors and get the canopy over Tanner's bunk up, I will post a picture. It looks so cute, and it screams All Boy! I love it!
- We now have a 55 gallon fish tank! And it's huge! Along with working on the bedroom, Adam has been building a beautiful fish tank stand. As soon as he has the doors completed, I will post a picture of the masterpiece! p.s. I picked out the fancy handles!!
- Adam is becoming a beast! So..... my dearest husband has decided to let his face (ALL OF IT!) grow wild with hair (did I mention, the more it grows the more RED it gets! You know I love you, babe.). He's letting it grow for a whopping 8 weeks! So far, this is the result of 2 weeks..... oh dear. Poor guy has terrible genetics. It's coming in so dang patchy, but he's still cute as all get out. He has also decided (this one, I'm not too thrilled with..) to let his head hair grow for an entire year with no trims in between. I have to make it all the way until January 1st, 2012, with this mop getting longer and longer. I've noticed that he gets great joy from the stress it's taken over me...
- Reunited and it's gonna feel so good! My mom and Dave will be bringing a moving truck with all of our things in March! I'm so ecstatic at the thought of finally having our belongings again! I can't wait to pull out the boys' scrapbooks and start working again!!! (I have 9 months to catch up on!)
I have a doctor's appointment next Monday for my 12 week check up. I can't believe we're making the move into the second trimester!!!! I'm very excited! I will post another belly picture next week so you can all see the growth of this little boy/girl!
Adam has started training for a new position at work. Material Handler. He's been working 12 hour days for the past two days and will continue doing so the rest of this week (including this Saturday and Sunday) and then all next week too. I am so proud of the work that he does for his family. I know I couldn't bear the hours he does away from home. It's been hard the past couple of days with him gone, because I've been sicker than a dog. It's so tough being sick while pregnant and not being able to medicate yourself! Anyways, we're very excited about his new position! Once all of his training is complete, he will work four days on, four days off, which will be awesome to have him home two more days out of the week! We're keeping our fingers crossed that the days he does work stay days and don't turn into graveyard :(
Well, I think that pretty much covers everything for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment