Monday, January 3, 2011

Our First Ultrasound!!

Meet Our Peanut!
The top arrow is pointing to the baby's head and bottom arrow to the torso.

Today I took the boys to Baby #3's first ultrasound! What was I thinking??! They were bouncing off the walls. Tanner.... ohhhh, Tanner. That boy is such a talker! I was seriously waiting for the nurse's ears to fall right off onto the floor from all the talking that child did! He had a story about everything! I love when he's personable. I love when he's open and not shy to visit, but dang! Today I must have told him 30 times "Tanner! Shh! That's enough! It's time to be quiet!" Hahaha He cracks me up. Troy, on the other hand, was not friendly. He scowled at the nurses and threw his body on the floor when I'd tell him to stop licking the cabinet doors. And not 10 minutes after arriving in the doctor's office did he poop his britches. Yeesh. And to my amazement, when I asked the nurse where I could take him to change him, she told me that they didn't have a changing table but assured me the doctor would be with us soon.... yeah. 30 minutes later. No wonder that little guy was such a grump, he had to sit in a poopy diaper for almost two hours! 

Finally, we were led to the ultrasound room and prepared ourselves for this exciting time! I was a little nervous at first, because it took quite awhile for the doctor to "locate" the baby. I was so relieved and excited when I finally saw that little peanut shape on the screen and could hear that flutter! I kept telling myself, "Yep! This is real! It's all real!" Tanner was quite excited too! When I showed him what to look for and told him what that sound was that we were hearing he shouts, "OH! I JUST LOVE THAT BABY! I JUST WANNA SQUEEZE IT!!" The doctor, nurse and I just started laughing. It was then that I was so glad I had brought them with me! 

The baby measured a little younger than 8 weeks. About 7 weeks and 4 days so our due date changed a bit. WE'RE OFFICIALLY DUE 8-18-2011, but unlike in Colorado where they schedule a c-section one week before the due date, here they schedule it the following Tuesday. That was fine by Adam and myself.. we want to make sure that baby is done cookin' before we bring him/her into the world! So.... if everything goes as planned and I don't happen to go into labor before then, we will give birth to Baby #3 AUGUST 23RD!! Only two days after Grandma Alice's birthday, two days before Grandma Mary's birthday and three days before my birthday!!! Holy cow!! We're so excited!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh happy days. Amazing how fast they grow in such a short time. I am so happy to see how excited Tanner is for the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that is awesome! I remember the first time I saw Cohen! What an amazing experience! He was literally jumping like a jumping bean! Great memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you guys! And your cute tummy in your previous post...you look great.

    ReplyDelete