Friday, April 27, 2012

Baby Dress turned into a Top!

This was a dress I wore when I was little. I loved the pattern, but wasn't really diggin' the sleeves and collar. A few snips and very little sewing, and this little dress turned into a cute summer top! Penelope looks adorable in it!... (well, of course)

Before:

After:

With the leftover material, I was able to make three small flowers for a headband. A little lace later, and voila! A really cute, matching headband.

I forgot to get a picture of the back while we were still at the park, but here it is. Simple. I just took the bow that was in the front, ironed it out and re-tied it and there you go! 

Thanks Nana for holding onto this cute dress for me all these years!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! She looks so cute and you did such a great job turning it into your owm. It makes my heart swell because she can wear something her mommy wore when she was little. Though just a bit of history on that dress. You were two and a half when you wore it. That was how tiny you were. :). How creative you are with everything. Nothing goes to waste.

    ReplyDelete