Sunday, April 29, 2012
Interviewing an (almost) 1st Grader
Well hello, Tanner, how are you today?
good
What are you doing right now?
playing a game
Have you liked being a Kindergartner?
Kinda. Because some kids are mean.
Has it been better, not as shnazzy, or just as good as preschool?
Hmmm... about the same.
Who are your closest friends in Mr. Barbosa's class?
Corban. Well, what about Erik or Gavin? My BEST friend is Corban.
What's your favorite thing to do at school?
Go to the gym for P.E. and going outside for recess.
What can you do now, that you weren't able to do at the beginning of the year?
Umm, I don't know. Well, you can read now. You weren't able to do that before this year. And you can add and subtract. Yeah, and I can mix paint colors now. :)
I know you love Spanish. What's the neatest sounding Spanish word you've learned?
Elefante!
Are you excited for summer? Why?
YES! Because we get to play in the sprinklers!
How do you feel about having to be at school before the sun's all the way up?
(thinks for a long time) I don't know.
How do you feel about having to be at school all day, instead of only for three hours?
I like half days, because I can come home early. (I'm thinking that will be tough to adjust to.)
That's pretty cool you'll get to eat lunch with your friends each day. What's a goodie you hope Mom packs for you?
A peanut butter and honey sandwich and a cookie!!
A new school year means new clothes! What's the one thing you're hoping to be sporting this next year?
Those white and orange shoes and that skull jacket.
What do you think is so cool about being a first grader?
You're bigger than the kindergartners.
Do you think Mom will cry on the first day of school?
(laughs!) I don't know! I think you will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My little man is becoming just that a miniature man. But glad he still loves recess. Wouldn't we all love to go back to being young. He looks so handsome!
ReplyDelete