Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Ugly Bonnet


We're all so excited that the weather is getting nice and sunny! We've been spending a lot more time outdoors lately, therefore, I needed to get a sun bonnet made for Miss Penelope. I'd hate for that sweet noggin to get sun burned!

Somewhat following a tutorial I found online, her bonnet was complete in less than an hour! The only problem was the fact that her head would have had to have been three feet in circumference :) After trying to take it in again and again, I finally decided to trash it and start over. Second attempt = Ugliest sun bonnet Ever. Ok, maybe the first attempt was the Ugliest Sun Bonnet Ever, but this one definitely came in second. Sooooo, I think I'm done with trying to make her a sun hat. I'd rather pay the money to purchase one at this point.


First thing I did was apologize to my sweet baby girl for putting her in that. I suppose it does keep the sun off of her face, which is the whole point to it. It's just too bad she can't see with it on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment