We have officially entered the second trimester! It really did seem to take forever, but we've made it!
I had my 12 week Dr. appointment on Monday and heard the baby's heartbeat again... what a wonderful sound! The doctor had no trouble whatsoever finding the little guy/gal this time! Their little heart pounded loud and clear and just reassured me again that this is really happening! Baby number three is on their way! Amazingly, I have lost a pound since my January 3rd appointment... how this is possible?? I have no clue, but at this point, I'll take it. I mentioned to our doctor that from time to time my belly button becomes really tender and when pressed upon, hurts pretty badly. After confirming what he was already thinking, he told me that I have an umbilical hernia. He's very confident that everything will be fine and when it's time for our c-section, after taking the baby out, they'll just reach in and stitch up the little pocket that has formed under my belly button. No biggie, mom and dad. Other than that, everything's going great and I have my four month appointment already scheduled for the end of this month!
p.s. I have officially decided I've passed the "always cute" stage and now feel frumpy and chubby. Future pictures may result in just a belly shot... no face or legs. Take it or leave it!
Wow, time goes so fast! I remember my skin hurt so bad around my belly button! I have had abdominal fasciitis before...so they told me that's what mine was. Who knows, at least I don't have it anymore...I have had enough problems with the recovery process :) Well you look great! Enjoy this third baby cooking time :)
ReplyDelete