Friday, February 25, 2011

windmills

I honestly feel like this has been the longest week of my life... or at least one of them. Thanks to the slowness of it, though, my house has stayed surprisingly clean the whole time! This week I cut the boys' hair (minus Dad), bathed Goose and tackled (part of) Troy's quilt.

I finally finished the windmills for the boys' room. I went back and forth as to where to put them, but I finally found the perfect spot! I also found darling buttons at one of my favorite craft stores ever, Pebbles In My Pocket (mom, this is one of the places I'm taking you when you're here!), to cover the boring centers of each of them. I'm so happy with how they turned out, and Troy is in complete awe when he sees them!


I have a few more I need to put buttons on.. reason for the blue tape.

I also finished the puzzle I was working on for the boys' room. I have absolutely no idea where it's going to hang, but it's done and I'm pretty happy with the picture. Troy loves it because of all the dogs it has on it. It only took me two days to do, so I feel pretty successful that it's done and out of the way, and now I can move onto something else on my list!



Tanner has been quite the little chef this week! And yes, I have stuck to my promise of having him help me with every meal we make. On Tuesday he opened up a can of green beans (which is really hard for a little person, so it takes about as long to open as cooking the rest of the meal) and then very carefully cut up our kielbasa! I would have had him help with the potatoes and rice too, but he was having a hard time remembering to not wipe his nose with his hand, so after having to wash his hands about 37 times, he gave up. Wednesday he wanted to make quesadillas for lunch again... he really likes being able to flip them over in the pan with the spatula! So we made that and then for dinner we had breakfast burritos, which he also helped make. I love how he's getting more and more excited when it comes time for him to help in the kitchen!

I have made a few different girl headbands... I've been wanting to start my own Etsy site, but haven't been motivated to really follow through with anything yet, plus, I'm low on every supply I'd need. Anyways, here's what I've done.. models were hard to come by today, so... yeah.. he's still cute :)

You can see how thrilled he was to start our photo shoot...





He put these ones on himself.. and look how happy it made him!



We have officially moved onto Week 16 and are thrilled! Here's our update from our baby site:
Baby's now the size of a naval orange!

Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure his arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably can't feel the movements just yet.
I'm almost done with Troy's birthday invites and I've got a wicked cute idea for his cake! I'll keep you updated!!!

2 comments:

  1. They boys' room is going to look so cute! I love the headbands you have made too! You are so good! Are you hoping for a girl this time? The first pic of Troy cracked me up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is wonderful that you let Tanner help with dinner. I wouldn't have had much patience with you kids. But I have to say that even though my little Troy is absolutely the most adorable model, he will one day despise you for this. You really need a girl! Great job on all your projects. Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete