Sunday, June 12, 2011

A fun, flirty apron

Isn't this fun and cute?!!!

I'll be honest when I say that this took me hours upon hours to complete.... mainly because this was the first one I've ever made like this (me coming up with "the pattern" as I went) and I had one mistake after another. I'm pretty happy with the end result though and I love the fabric pattern! And of course, I saw the opportunity to add a big button and took it! It looks so cute! I hope the giftee enjoys their new apron :)
I probably wasn't the best model for the "fun and flirty apron"

It's kind of hard to make out, but this is the pocket up close... and of course my button!

Don't you just love all those ruffles??!! I sure do! Now, I suppose maybe a good seamstress doesn't point out the flaws... or maybe make any, but I will say that all those white strips of fabric in-between each ruffle weren't supposed to be there. I made a big whoops and instead of scrapping the whole project I came up with that "little decor". I really like the detail it adds :) so all worked out well!

1 comment:

  1. Cute apron. Between the ruffles and the black outfit I do believe you look like you might be in your first trimester. Cute little model you are. Did Tanner Take the picture?

    ReplyDelete