Friday, June 3, 2011

Our Very Own Babymoon!

We did it! We went our very own Babymoon! Well, I should make it clear that Adam surprised me with this SLC trip!! I had been telling him how exciting it would be to get away for a night, just the two of us, before baby number three arrives. He told me Monday night to have a bag ready by noon the next day. I was honestly beyond excited! This was our first vacation! And even though it was only a day to ourselves, it was wonderful. I have the best husband in the world and I truly do love him with all my heart... not because he's forever surprising me, but because he cares so much for me.

We stayed at the Plaza Hotel, right in the center of downtown and right next to Temple Square.

Our bedroom! We slept in a king size bed, and let me tell you! We ARE eventually upgrading our queen to a king size!! I don't think I ever slept so good... aside from the usual back pains from this big belly. Plus, I've decided we're having at least 73 pillows on our bed.... we had 6 in the hotel and it was fabulous! I felt so comfy!!!

Our first stop? Temple Square of course. I tried to get a picture of us (I kept telling Adam I wanted us to take pictures together constantly while on our trip...) but neither of us are super photogenic. Especially me, with that pudgy face.

Inside the visitor's center, there was a lot to see and take in. I thought this model of Jerusalem was really neat.

I really loved the inside of the old Tabernacle.

I was in love with the millions of flowers everywhere. Especially the tulips... my absolute favorite. I wanted to get a picture in front of them, but after about 50 different "takes", I gave up and gave my best cheesed smile! Lookin' good.

We finished the day with a long walk at The Gateway, finding a couple new favorite shops, watching Pirates of the Caribbean 4 at the theatre there and then picking up some extra yummy PF Changs! Everything was fun and exciting and I was thrilled to spend this time with my hubby. Thank you again and again for a terrific Babymoon, my dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment