Friday, August 12, 2011

Homeward Bound

We're finally headed home today. When? You know hospitals... I just know it's sometime today.

I was super excited to get to spend a couple of days and nights in a hospital, getting taken care of and having all my dinners cooked for me. However, from the moment I've been in here, I can't stop thinking about home. I want so badly to sleep in my own, extra comfy bed with my perfectly fluffed pillow. Soon. Very soon.

Penelope passed her hearing test and doctor exam. We're to make sure that her hint of jaundice clears up and she puts on a little weight. She would spit up so much after her feedings, when she first arrived, that she ended up losing a little more weight than we would have liked. When she does eat, though, and is able to get a good burp out in the end, she sure is a happy camper!

My recovery process has been a bit more tough than the last time, but waaaay better than with Tanner. This go-round I have the umbilical hernia now causing some pain. They were able to stitch it up during the c-section, but not before having to cut their way to it a bit. Ouch. Yeah. Pain killers I'm on are taking care of the rest of my pain pretty good, so I don't have too much to complain about... now if I could only say that for all the droop I'm now seeing when I look in the mirror. It's truly amazing what your body is capable of doing when making a new life. I thought I was exhausted before Penelope arrived? I don't think I've ever encountered this form of exhaustion. It scares me at times. I've had a couple moments where I'm physically in the middle of doing something and next thing I know I'm asleep and waking up in a startle. So, now and at least the first week I'm home, I'm focusing on nothing else but sleep and getting plenty of it!

I'm still trying to get used to the new, super tiny bottom I'm changing these days. I can't believe the boys were once that small. We've been fortunate enough to learn that our little one has a nice set of lungs on her. That's not something we're used to hearing with the boys. Even now when they yell, it's deep (if you know our boys... you know..) and manly! But little Miss P is very much high-pitched! She definitely lets you know when she wants something :)

Tanner will be starting school soon and we'll really be adjusting to a whole new routine! Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment