Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The countdown is on!

We have one week until we're having this baby. (Given that she doesn't come early.)

I'm ready. Adam's ready. I think the boys are ready to meet their sister.

I had my LAST doctor's appointment yesterday and boy, was it nice to know that this is it. We're having a baby. She's finally arriving. Back to the sleepless nights, nursing, diaper changes, spit-up and tar-ry diapers, lugging around an infant car seat, hearing a baby's cry, laundry laundry laundry.... I honestly can't wait.

I was worried (and still a little nervous) about adjusting to a new child. Our life seems so perfect right now with the four of us, it's going to be so different with a new little person. I can't wait to see how different it is. We're having a daughter and we all can't wait to see her beauty!

I saw a news clip a few days ago about a woman who gave birth to a healthy baby boy... crazy thing is, she went her entire pregnancy not knowing she was even pregnant! There's hope for me yet!! I'm forever telling Adam and my mom that I think I may be having twins because of all the crazy movement inside my belly. They both think I'm crazy and think it's ridiculous that after ALL the doctor visits, the ultrasounds, AND the heartbeat checks I'm still considering the possibility. I'm just saying, that in my mind, I may get that special surprise I've wanted for so long!! :)

Anyways, it's two in the a.m. and I wasn't able to sleep. I've been waking to nightmares lately... not about the baby or labor or anything. I'm actually somewhat embarrassed about what's been keeping me up at night because it's terrible. Lets just say there's a little neighbor boy who makes me nervous.... yeah. Based on my dreams (or scares, would better put it) he freaks me out a little more than I realize and has me waking and blogging just to get my mind off the subject. I'm going to try and get back to bed now.... I'm not going to be able to function tomorrow and Adam and I have soooo much to do before my mom and sister arrive this Friday!! Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment