Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Our last dinner date before baby

We have some pretty amazing friends. Friends who are willing to watch our two crazy boys, while we get out for a few hours to have our last dinner date before baby. It was so nice to spend just a few hours away and fill our bellies (well, I was really the only one that left with a truly satisfied stomach, but more on that later....)

Ryan and Jessica watched our boys while we went out, and from what I hear, it was an afternoon of movie watching, popcorn munching, and worm and grasshopper catching! The boys had a blast! Especially Tanner :) He was a little nervous before heading over to their house. It was the first time (ever!) we've left him with friends, instead of grandparents. As soon as we picked them up and were heading home, though, he told me that we should go out again because "Braxton's house is so cool!" ;)

Adam and I headed to (our favorite date spot) Tucano's for an early dinner. I was beyond excited. I planned to eat to mine and baby's little heart's content... and I did! Everything was delicious and I do believe I got my money's worth. Maybe a little too much. I ate so much that I was pretty much miserable the rest of the night. There's not much room for my stomach AND baby at this point. I had to do it though... I'm about to start the "get back to pre-baby weight asap" routine. My poor husband was pretty much tortured the whole time. He's been so good with working out and watching what he eats. (He looks amazing by the way. He's been working out for a solid month and holy smokes! Lets just say, I think that guy is pretty fine!) If you've ever been to Tucano's, you know of all the succulent meat that's shuffled from table to table and my husband passed it all up. He headed straight for the salad bar and fruit stand. He was depressed. And got a lot of flack from the waiters bringing the meat... :)

It was a great afternoon to get away for a bit. Any future dates, at least for awhile, will be accompanied by a little girl. We're both ok with that. It was just nice to have one more dinner date just the two of us.... P.s. We even sat side by side, like "daters" do. I don't think we've ever done that before. We went all out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment