Today was happy. From start to finish. Sure, a few bumps in the road (I'll get to that in a bit), but for the most part, today was just peachy.
I love days like today. Penelope slept like an angel last night, therefore, Mom was well rested and ready for what the day would bring. We started the morning off with Cocoa Puffs and some homework (tomorrow we meet Tanner's teacher!) We got ready (it felt like it took hours to get us all out the door) and went up to see and help Gramie make these awesome flower arrangements for a certain Larsen's special day.
I should mention that before we headed up, I got dressed and went to open the blinds in our bedroom and had our curtains (I just hung those dang things), rod and all, come crashing down on top of me. Screws and everything completely ripped out of the wall. (It had nothing to do with how they were hung, the walls here are thin and weak...) I think a word or two may have been said following this bump. "I'll leave it for the hubby to fix," I thought and went to feed my little Sweet Pea. Barf! Her after-feeding-burp turned into a gallon of regurgitated, sour baby barf all over my shirt (including inside it) and skirt. Quick change of both girls and we were on our way. I then went the day carrying at least four more barf sessions on the front of me.
This evening we were brought dinner from a very sweet lady in our church. it's so nice to not have to cook every once in awhile. Everything was delish and as I cleaned up the kitchen, hung another shelf over the dryer, and vacuumed, the boys raced to pick up their room so they could watch a quick before-bed-movie.
I spent this evening trying to keep Miss Penelope Jane awake in the hopes that she sleeps like she did last night (fingers crossed). She's a tough one to wake.
When it was time for bed (8:00pm) I tucked the boys in and then spent the next hour and a half listening to what sounded like them throwing each other against the walls and laughing. Miss P continued to throw-up on me (and herself) three more times. I smell really bad. She smells really bad. Sour baby smell (you know the smell when you sniff in the sweet, chunky fold of their neck) doesn't really bother me.. at least when I smell it on my baby. However, tonight, the smell has me on the verge of up-chucking. It's wicked strong. Pen was going to get a bath Sunday, but I'm thinking that that may just happen tomorrow morning. I probably need to start wearing perfume again, because I don't know how attractive it is for my hubby to smell sour boobie milk on me all the time. I was going to shower before he gets home tonight (working a 16 hour day today.. yeesh), but it's already 10:00... yeah, I know that wasn't much of me proving anything, but it's late and practically almost time for my morning shower, right??
Anyways, wow, I've told you just about everything. You can always tell when my wonderful husband is working late because I get the chance to tell you all about my day.
Tomorrow's Plan:
*Load up the kids and take a walk to the park (in the early a.m... afternoons are still too dang hot)
*Get a library card (finally) and start Tanner's Kindergarten reading log... procrastination much?
*Look through my Martha Stewart magazine that has been staring me down for days now
*Bathe the baby
*Clean/Organize something... there's always something that needs to be organized, right?
*Finish flower arrangements with Jan
*Take Tanner to meet his teacher!!
*Wishing Friday will be as good as Thursday!*


No comments:
Post a Comment