Oh my goodness. I just typed all this up and somehow lost it all.... here goes again. I'm sure this will probably be a much shorter version, but who will know the difference right?! ;)
Baby Girl arrived healthy and beautiful! Dark hair, with a touch of curl and beautiful olive skin. Rumor has it, she looks like her mama!
No! I wasn't about to give birth to SpongeBob (referring to the square-y-ness of the belly!), just a whole bunch of baby and mommy monitors. I was quite nervous at the thought of surgery, but Adam is amazing at keeping me distracted and calm. I don't know what I would do without you, honey.
We waited and waited and waited and then when we thought we couldn't take waiting anymore... we waited. They finally rushed in and told Adam to get his covers on and began getting me ready to wheel me to the O.R.
Adam took all of this very seriously.
Isn't he cute?!
Meeting and holding his daughter for the first time. I am so happy he's the father of my children.
After all of that... I was feeling the exact same way.
Tiny, precious, beautiful baby feet.
Getting her hair cleaned and styled.
Hat??
Aww... a bow that Daddy himself picked out. Much better!
Check out all that hair!!!
Daddy and Daughter. I love this picture so much.
Love at first sight.
I was so loopy, shaky, and exhausted from all the medication that it was so incredibly hard to focus on everything that was happening. I held Penelope for just a short time and tried to nurse her, before handing her back to Dad :(
I still can't believe she's here and ours. Our daughter.
She may be "short", but she makes up for it in chunky cheeks! I love it!!
I was so excited for the boys to meet their sister and see their reaction to a new baby. I was even more anxious to see how they may have changed in my eyes. I was so scared they were going to seem like giants next to this tiny infant. I was so relieved to see my same little boys walk through the door. Our family is so perfect now. Adam, myself, and our three children!! :)
Tanner was a bit timid around the baby after first and didn't rush to hold her. Troy, on the other hand, couldn't wait to kiss her right on the lips (which stressed me out like crazy!), even leaving some cookie crumbs that were left from the cookies he baked and brought for me!
The boys meeting their sister.
I think Tanner is in love :)
I think these two pictures below are the winners. My favorites!
Such a beautiful picture of Big Brother and Little Sis.
Our three beautiful children!
I think my mom is in love with her granddaughter. I was so excited to hear that Nana liked the name we chose for her first granddaughter. We've already found some that were surprised by our choosing (we knew that would happen) but we are just so happy to have her here and have everyone know her sweet, little face!
Nana and Penelope
Morgan is finally an Auntie to a little girl. Her first niece! I'm so excited for my brothers to also meet their niece! Papa will be here in just a few short days and we're so anxious! I'm so anxious for all of our family and friends to meet this new addition to the family :)
Auntie Morgan. Troy imitating his little sister.
I want to thank everyone for all the baby goodies they've sent Penelope. I'm STILL working on getting Thank You's out and I'm very sorry I'm so terrible at calling.
**A very special thank you to Mort, Beccah and Boston for all the amazing (and thrifty!) baby items! You all are so kind and thoughtful!
I'll be taking TONS of pictures in Penelope in everything and I'll be sure to post everything on here! Stay tuned!!!
I am still loopy and exhausted so there's no way I'm going to proof-read this post. I hope all the spelling is correct and everything makes sense!! :)





























Tera she is beautiful! Love the name and love the cheeks! Congratulations to you all! Hope we get to meet her soon!
ReplyDeleteLove us
Yay!!! She is so beautiful!!! You have your little girl! I can't believe she is here. Congratulations to both of you. I hope you guys get to enjoy this time together!
ReplyDeleteLove, jess