Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter... celebrated for three days!

HaPpY eAsTeR!!!!

On Friday, Tanner had his Easter party at school! I was so excited to send him off to school with his basket filled with grass and 4 special eggs, filled with candy! I cut both boys' hair that day, so they both looked pretty shnazzy with their new haircuts and polo shirts.

getting ready for school

standing with all the baskets :)

Tanner had a pretty fun day... sadly, I didn't get to stay to watch his Easter egg hunt and egg dying, but he tells me he had a blast! I was glad to see that the whole class had showed up for the Easter party (lately, it's been a pretty sparse class).

Saturday was a blast! A neighbor held a huge Easter egg hunt at the park down the street. Both boys woke up anxious and ready to go find some candy filled eggs! We met up with Steph, Toby and the ever squeezable Scout. Sadly, it was so miserably cold that we stayed just long enough for the boys to fill up their baskets and then we headed home for hot cups of cocoa!

I think Troy was a little overwhelmed by all the parents and kids...


We came home and had some lunch and threw some cupcakes together! We haven't baked in quite awhile, so preparing a sweet treat was exciting! These cupcakes would have looked a LOT cuter if I had bought the jelly beans to go on top, but I forgot them... I posted a picture of the idea I found online. My cupcakes, I suppose, are unoccupied nests at this point... they were still yummy :)


Finally, Sunday came! Happy Easter to my sweet, little family. We woke and rushed to get ready for church... but weren't fast enough. I lost track of time and next thing I knew, we were super late. We decided to go for a family drive and find our dream home after coloring our eggs. Troy had a blast and even threw a fit when all the eggs were done being colored. We came home and the boys took their nap (both were very grumpy and definitely needed rest) and Adam and I watched a movie. For dinner, we had Adam's dad over and cooked the soooo amazing Barbecue Chicken and Pineapple Skewers.

Tanner's treat he left for the Easter Bunny

The Easter Bunny left the boys buckets full of goodies and a note telling them he hid a bunch of eggs throughout the house for them to find!

Tanner got the Power Rangers he's been begging for!

Troy also got Power Rangers :)

Once breakfast was finished, Troy lost the pants and undies and spent the rest of the morning in the nude... like usual.

Goodies from Papa, Nana, Uncle Joe, Uncle Kev, and Auntie Morgan

Troy started chowing down... actually started eating shell and all, before Dad took it from him.

I think we all had a fun and tasty Easter. Hope you did too!

1 comment:

  1. You guys looked like your weekend was full of fun and good times. I love how animated the (3) boys are. Troy sure looks up to his big brother!

    ReplyDelete