Monday, April 11, 2011

Pregnant... with a girl :)

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Adam and I are both super excited for the arrival of our little girl! We keep saying her name out loud like a bajillion times a day... we just can't hear it enough!
She's our little Pea In The Pod :)

I've hit a snag in making her dress, so hopefully I'll be able to post the finished product later this week... So far, it's turning out super cute!

I'm really starting to fill out (even more than, like, a month ago) this month. I honestly feel like this girl is a 14.5 pounder. It's been very uncomfortable the past week or so. My pregnancy update was spot on this week. "Real estate within your belly is getting tight, with growing baby leaving little room for your lungs..." I feel so much pressure.... everywhere. Pressing into my ribs. Shoving into my back. Squishing and squashing my bladder. I still love it though. I've seen more bathrooms in the past two months than most people will in two life times. I've also had to use the tiny, little kid toilets at Tanner's school more than a lot of the kids attending. Note to self: NEVER again use the boys' bathroom... scary stuff.



I especially love how we can see her movements now. I love seeing an arm, leg or foot (whatever it might be.. I like guessing) poking out. I absolutely love this stage of pregnancy for that very reason. Troy now knows when I ask "Where's the baby?" that I'm talking about my belly. Tanner is quite excited every time we see a "girl's" commercial, saying we should buy that for our baby girl :)

Of course, each pregnancy brings on new emotions and cravings. This pregnancy has been no different. I can cry at the drop of a hat. Over anything and everything. I had a melt down.. and I mean, full fledge balling to the point of hyperventilating when I couldn't get my sewing machine to work. And when Troy sucked up part of my brand new shirt (in the vacuum) and completely melted the fabric inside the vacuum. And when Tanner spilled his entire glass of sticky juice all over the floor I had just mopped. And the day I was no longer able to fit into my skinny jeans. I can guarantee that all of these "breakdowns" occurred when I was living on very little sleep (I'm a gem any other time.. HA! No, but seriously)... but also, hormones are playing a huge part in all of it too. As far as cravings go: Amazingly, I can't get enough tuna. Uck, right?! That's been my opinion on the food for the past 23 years, but this little girl loves it! I, safely, limit myself to its yumminess to once a week. Sadly, I can't even savor my tuna sandwich, because I scarf it down in a blink of an eye ;) My addiction to soda (any and all kinds, except for diet) started when I was pregnant with Troy and well, that's not changed to this day. That stuff is darn good. I'm also addicted to Yoplait Whips. Pure deliciousness. I also have a love for garlic bread. Today, for example, after my tuna sandwich, left over green beans from last night, Yoplait Whip and tall glass of ice water with lemon (I'm so proud of myself for becoming MUCH better at drinking plenty of water. With Troy, a glass of water would make me gag. Seriously, sad I know.) I decided I still needed a little snack so I cut up about 1/3 loaf (don't judge... it's all the baby, remember?) of our french bread and doused it in butter and garlic salt... Yum, right? Turns out, there is such a thing as using too much garlic. The entire batch was pretty much ruined because the taste was so potent, totally inedible. So, what did I do? I did what any budget conscious mother would do (don't forget I'm also pregnant and really needed a snack..)... I gagged my way through every bite until not a crumb of bread was wasted!
Y    u       mmm.

I don't know what my deal is. Probably too many projects going on all at once again. I have not been able to get to bed at a reasonable hour and then I suffer like crazy the following day. (Remember the crazy emotions from lack of sleep? Yeah.) Completely exhausted and miserable. I keep myself awake, avoiding nap time with the boys so that hopefully I'll sleep better come bed time, but no luck. The past 2-3 nights I've been up til midnight and then have had to force myself to bed. It's also tough to sleep when baby is kicking like crazy and I can't help but flip the lights on and watch her move!

My next doctor's appointment is next Thursday.. the 14th.

I probably need to get Troy's 2 year pictures done... at least before he's 3, right? Hopefully soon...

Is it totally crazy that I already know what all three of our kids (AND MYSELF AND ADAM, yep! I'm planning on us dressing up this year!) are going to be for Halloween?!???!!! I'm soooo excited! I get excited about Halloween like I get excited about Christmas!

Anyways... as you can see, I'm alone right now. Only have the blog to turn to; not that I mind, I love blogging. My hubster is out golfing... I love warmer weather because that means a change in routine. Like him going golfing and shooting and before you know it, hunting. I do like seeing him go out every once in awhile doing his guy thing. Then I don't feel so guilty when I'm sewing on his day off! Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment