
We've made it! Just a few days shy of officially being a full 28 weeks, baby girl is healthy and growing good! But, yes, as the post title states, I've been a bit depressed. We found out that we do have gestational diabetes. It's definitely not the worst thing that could happen during a pregnancy, but I know people aren't hoping for this to come their way. Adam and I met with the dietitian and got all the materials we'll need for the next three months - the booklets and finger-pricking tool. I've been reading the book I was given, religiously, on what foods and drinks I can have that will keep my glucose levels under 95mg/dL before breakfast and under 140mg/dL an hour after I eat a main meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner). So far my levels have been perfect. Keeping to my diet is tough though.. I realize now how much I really do eat throughout the day and how much I like my snacks. I'm trying to change my mindset to that of my husbands... this is good not only for me and baby, but also for Adam and the boys. We should be eating healthier (
much healthier!) and Adam and I need to be more conscious about our meal portions. I'm to check my levels right when I wake up, an hour after breakfast, an hour after lunch, an hour after dinner, and right before bed. Making a grand total of 5 pricks a day! Thankfully, I don't have to just do my fingers (I hear they can get pretty sore after awhile...), I can also prick the tops of my arms. I was sooo relieved to find that the pricking isn't too bad. I started balling (yes, sadly....) in the dietitian's office when she pulled out the "pricking machine". I kept thinking, "I hate this! I don't want to poke myself 5 times a day for the next three months!" I am determined to keep to
the plan so that I hopefully won't have to worry about this later in life.
Baby Girl: As of today, we have 87 days before our due date! It seems crazy to think of how soon she'll be here! Adam and I can't wait! We're so anxious to find out who she looks like. If she resembles the boys when they were infants. How much hair she'll have. And how much will she weigh (I'm really starting to wonder if she's going to come out nearly walking with this GD thing that we have going on now...). I've been keeping to my sewing.. as soon as I finish the dresses I've been working on I'll post those for you too see :)
No comments:
Post a Comment