Pretty awesome, don't you think? I thought so too!!!
The other day, while myself and my adorable husband and sons were out shopping, we stopped by BabiesRUs and I was so extremely delighted to discover these parking spots! I have my own spot to park?! Oh yeah! I totally felt like a bad-ass, mamba jamba! (See hun! I told you I'd seriously post that!!) We parked, and I proudly strutted my love handles, swollen feet and calves, and burgeoning belly to the front door, thinking to myself, "Yeah, that's right, I'm pregnant and I don't have to walk as far as the guy parked next to me in the not pregnant spot!"
As Tawnya and I were headed to BRU, I excitedly exclaimed "We get to use these awesome parking spots!" Yeah... she knew all about these miracle parking spaces. I suppose a lot of people do. I really don't get out much. At least not while pregnant.
--------------------------------------------------------
Our little T-man has been a little under the weather (to say the least) the past couple of days. I went to Walmart and picked up an awesome supply of "feel better" goodies. Orange Juice. Disinfectant wipes. Popsicles. Kleenex. I felt like such a good mommy leaving the store, buying stuff that yes, would in the end benefit the whole family, but at the current moment, was meant solely for one sick, little 5 year old. We get home and I pour him a glass of OJ.... "Mmm! I like this stuff! What is it?!" he replies. Really?! Have I seriously deprived my child of orange juice for all these years??? I know, 100% without a doubt, that this was not his first time drinking the Vitamin D filled beverage, but wow, I obviously don't stock our fridge with it.
I got to thinking more and more of what foods I might not be setting in front of my kids at the table enough. I've been searching the internet constantly for healthy foods, not only for the kids, but also for myself and the hubby.
Adam was actually the one that decided (just recently) that better foods should be had in our household. We've been watching what we buy and reading the labels on everything these days. We're kind of obsessed with the idea of getting into the groove of healthy living. This honestly should have happened a long time ago, but it's good that it's happening now. I won't go into all the changes we've made... yeah, I know of many family members who will probably raise a brow or roll an eye... or two.. at our decisions, but I think Adam and I are both happy with what we've decided. I will say, I'm purchasing a lot more fresh fruits and veggies, instead of always canned and cutting back a lot on the sugar intake in our house.
The kids are trying to adjust. It's tough. Tanner is getting a lot better when I fix oatmeal (none of that sugary boxed stuff anymore.. we're sticking to the old-fashioned oats... and it's stickin' to us!); he now actually eats some of it, instead of crying because "It tastes different!" I do have to admit that I kind of did the eye roll today while fixing lunch for Tanner... he and us both are used to the 88 cent hot dogs from Walmart. Well, Adam and I decided to purchase some healthier dogs for the boys, earlier this week. The smell, taste, everything is a million times better than the "cheaper stuff" and the boys have loved them! Well, we still had a couple old ones left, and me being one who can't just throw them away (that's money, I'm tossing!) fixed them for Tan and after one bite, heard, "I don't like these! I want the other ones!!" Really?? You bet. That's my boy! (As Dad would put it) He likes the good stuff :)
--------------------------------------------------------
I've been falling behind on my projects lately.
I did, however, cut all the 8x8 squares of flannel out for Baby G's cloth wipes. I still need to sew the edges and as soon I do that, I'll post a picture... not that there's much to show, but you're gonna get a picture if you like it or not. I guess I didn't clarify that with the cloth diapers we're going with, come the cloth wipes. And homemade laundry detergent. Yes, that's right. I plan on making my own EVERYTHING! I'm actually very excited at the thought of saving money, living better and being the "maker" of all these awesome household items. I can't wait to have my mom here and show her what all I've done (once it's all done..) and feed her my homemade granola! Haha, I say this because my mom is thinking I was born into the wrong era. I love it :)
I have one dress cut and sewn, minus the collar... it seems that I still haven't quite learned to read the entire pattern before leaving the store, to make sure I have all the materials. I haven't even started on the three other materials I've purchased... I have been told, however, by the Mr. that I need to finish one dress before buying more material for another. Smart thinking?? Pshhh! Whatevs...
useless information:
I'm trying to type, but Goose keeps pacing the living room and kitchen. Then up onto the couch where she walks back and forth before jumping back down and starting all over again. It's driving me crazy! It's extremely hard to focus right now... I've been a little antsy lately. If that's even the right word. I haven't been able to sleep much and even though I don't have much on my mind, I can't stop thinking. I've had this terrible headache for the past 2 days now and a constant left-eye twitch for the past 5 days! The eye twitching always makes me nervous... I know you've heard of that story of that poor, poor man who's eye twitched for some 60 years or something?! That would be terrible... and darn near unbearable. I know I get extremely frustrated when I have to keep that eye shut,or worse, hold it down to keep from going crazy!
Anyways, wow....
I've discovered that Troy's bed is my savior! I haven't been able to sleep at night because I'm so uncomfortable. My doctor told me to put a board between my mattress and box spring to help... well, that's just too much work. Since Troy's bed sits directly on the floor, it's the most amazing relief I've had! Anytime I can't catch some Zzzz's I just climb in bed with him and Voila! I'm sleepin' like a baby! Plus, Adam told me that the baby keeps him up, when I'm trying to snuggle and spoon him at night, because she kicks his back constantly :) I thought that was the funniest, cutest thing ever!
Well, until I get off my bum and get out the camera to take some pictures of our growing boys, all my jibber jabber will have to do!

No comments:
Post a Comment