Three more dresses done! And only two more to go... before I'm out of fabric and need to buy more!
Of course each one has a button or two. I love buttons. They really dress up the outfit a ton and are so fun to shop for.
This yellow and blue dress is my favorite so far!! I just love everything about it. I need to make some matching headbands for each dress too!
Adam loves this pink dress. I have a little fabric from each leftover so I'm hoping I have enough to make diaper covers (maybe with some ruffles on the bum) for each to match.
Oh my! I've been cooking up a storm and loving it! All of these recipes are fairly low in carbs... and sodium, so they've fit into my diet perfectly and are so flippin' tasty! You must try!!!
Tri-Pepper Nachos (the way I fixed it) (original recipe)
ingredients
- 5 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 c canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c salsa
- 2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 c chopped sweet green peppers
- 2 to 4 Tbs canned sliced jalapeƱo peppers, drained
directions
To make chips, cut tortillas into wedges and place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until light and golden brown. Remove from oven and arrange chips one layer deep, overlapping slightly, in an 11-12 inch baking dish. (I set a few chips aside to spoon up some of the nachos... that was excellent!)
In a saucepan, combine black beans and salsa; cook and stir over medium heat just until heated. Remove from heat and spoon bean mixture over chips.
Sprinkle cheese, peppers and peppers over bean mixture on chips. Bake at 425 degrees for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately and feel your tummy smile!
Calories 180, Sodium (mg)350, Carbohydrate (g)10, Fiber (g)2
Here's some of my chips!
Adam thought I was such a nerd for taking this picture... but doesn't that look yummy?!!!!
As a side... I also made us some cheese sticks. I love cheese sticks with marinara sauce almost more than sweets... well, maybe not that much, but I sure do love them.
ingredients
- oil for frying
- 1 pkg mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c water
- 2/3 c Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
directions
Roll cheese sticks in flour to coat. Set aside.
In shallow bowl, combine eggs and water. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese and garlic powder.
Coat cheese sticks in egg wash, then bread crumbs.
Place sticks in hot oil and fry until golden brown.
Pretty easy to figure out.... they're pretty good :)
Serves about 4.
Calories 330, Carbohydrate (g)16, Sodium (mg)76
The boys and I also made some pretty-dang-good pumpkin cookies. (original recipe)
ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.
Makes about 36 servings per recipe.
Calories 122, Sodium (mg)120, Carbohydrate (g)22.4








No comments:
Post a Comment