Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A really good day

I can honestly say that today was one of those days that was good from start to finish. 

We all were up bright and early... well, Dad and the boys a little earlier than Mom (I love when Dad lets me sleep in :). We started the day off perfectly with oatmeal and turkey bacon! Delicious!! Now that I've introduced myself to turkey bacon and old fashioned oasts, I can't get enough!! I crave it morning, noon and night! And the boys are liking their oatmeal more and more, which really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

The boys and I decided an early nap was needed, followed by a trip to the park! Perfect. I packed the boys quite the lunch: half a pb&j, half a cut up hot dog, carrots, orange, cheese stick and a water. I wasn't sure if they'd eat it all, but both were starving after our walk to the park that they gobbled every last bit up... well, whatever they didn't, I did.
Tanner asked me why I drew a smiley face on his sack lunch and I told him, "Because I like you." and he smiled this really cheesy smile and said, "Oh. Thanks." :)
bein' weird


Poor Troy has had quite the week, this week. A couple nights ago, he got his finger stuck in an open can that sliced up his little pointer pretty good. And then today on our way to the park, he was picking dandelions and accidentally grabbed one that had a bee resting on it. Poor little stinker got stung right next to his thumb. You can see both if you look closely in the picture. The cut on his pointer and the sting next to the crease between his thumb and middle of his hand.

After our walk, it was nice to come home and relax. It's tough walking to the park, playing and walking all uphill back. Tanner took a shower and then konked out on the couch and Troy and I watched a movie. Adam helped me make dinner and it was definitely a perfect ending to a very happy and fulfilling day. Kielbasa (probably one of my favorites) and fresh asparagus! This was my first shot at cooking asparagus, not from a can and it turned out dang good! I was also amazed that the whole family loved it! I think we'll definitely be having it more often!

I hope your day was extra sweet too!

No comments:

Post a Comment