I have found my new favorite cooking/baking blog (For the Love of Cooking)! She makes the most amazing looking food and I can't wait to try making a gazillion billion of them! Tonight, we're trying out her Apricot-Glazed Chicken Thighs and the yummy looking Hasselback Potatoes!
The chicken was so moist and yummy! It was amazing. I cooked my potatoes for about an hour and 15 minutes and I still don't think they were quite done in some parts, but I still ate them and they were still amazing! I'd like to try something new of hers at least once a week so I'll post each time I find something I want to share!
Apricot-Glazed Chicken
(on her blog, her presentation is WAY better than mine, but once
I get all of my beautiful dishes here it'll all get better!)
- 3 tbsp apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Combine the apricot preserves, red wine vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, and the minced garlic. Mix with a whisk until well combined, set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in an OVEN PROOF skillet over medium high heat. Add the seasoned chicken thighs when the pan is hot and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn the chicken over and pour the apricot sauce evenly over the top of the chicken. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken with the sauce drizzled over the top. Now eat that yumminess!
Hasselback Potatoes
- 3 russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Dried basil, to taste
- Garlic cloves, sliced into thin slivers
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. After washing the potatoes well, thinly slice each potato, being careful not to cut all the way through. (Place the potato on a large serving spoon so you won't cut all the way through).
Season each potato with basil, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Place a thin slice of garlic between each layer. Place the potatoes in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
Bake for 1 hour or until the potato is tender. Serve with butter and sour cream if desired. Now eat that yumminess!
Tanner didn't help me with this meal tonight, because he needed a SpongeBob fix. I can't blame him. I need that every once in awhile (Jersey Shore... it's awesome, Mom!).
Oh my goodness! They are such great boys! I am not sure what all is going on in Troy's little head. I would gather that a little devilishness. Fun times! I am also thinking that you are developing a romance with food. Adam might want to watch out!
ReplyDelete