Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I can't believe it!

It's A Girl!

The Doctor said she has big feet. Most likely the feet of her mother! I love it :)

Nana will appreciate this picture. Here, she's lying with her arms crossed across her chest... Nana, you know what I'm talking about.

She didn't want to open her hands for us to show us all 5 (or I suppose 10) fingers outstretched, but here's a shot of her left arm and left hand, in a fist.

You didn't think I would expose our precious, innocent little girl, did you??! Here, we were shown it is indeed a little girl!

Her beautiful, perfect spine :)

I love this picture! You really have to use your imagination.. She's facing us (at a slight tilt) and you can see her little nose and then her upper and lower lip.

She didn't want to cooperate for us much, so we didn't get a full side profile shot of her. This is about as close as we could get. Her face, straight on.


So, the morning of our appointment started off rocky. The night before Adam got called in last minute to work a graveyard shift, so I was hoping that he would make it home in time to take me to the doctor. My poor husband didn't get the chance to sleep and prepare for this late night shift, so naturally he was completely exhausted. I woke up that morning and just had a feeling that something was going to "go wrong". I was thinking the baby wouldn't cooperate and we'd have to push the gender appointment back another month or so. I thought it would be a good idea to call and confirm my appointment, and boy, I'm sure glad I did! They told me that my doctor was out of town and we needed to push the appointment back to Thursday! Wait another 3 days???!!!! Are you kidding?! She could tell I was disappointed and offered to set me up with a different doctor and push the appointment back until 3:00pm. This was perfect! We'd still learn the gender of our baby AND Adam would get the chance to sleep for a bit, before we needed to head in. I was told to have some urine in my bladder... It would help to see the baby better. I thought, "I'll load that bladder up like crazy so we'll be able to see everything for sure!" Well, we got to my appointment 10 minutes early than then didn't get called back to see the Doc until almost 40 minutes past our scheduled appointment time. I had to go so bad! Once the doctor set everything up and was "inspecting" the belly, he said, "Wow! Your bladder is really full! You're actually starting to have contractions you're so full! Lets hurry and take these pictures so you can go to the bathroom!!" I thought that was kind of funny :)


When we told Tanner he was like, "Eh. I knew it." It was funny. He kept telling me he wanted a sister and would call her "sissy". He's very excited! 


I still keep playing the whole moment over and over in my head. A girl. I really had no idea. I was SURE that we were going to have another boy. Adam, before we finally walked in to the ultrasound room, told me he thought it was going to be a girl. I didn't. I can't believe it. What are we going to do with a little girl?! I want her to be really girly, but how in the world will she be with her brothers?! They're so rambunctious! I also keep making lists and lists in my head of what she'll need!!! Pink, pink, pink, of course. Tights, head bands, dresses... oh, I am so excited! 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am so excited for you. I know you love all things girl! I'll call you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you all. Dave and I cannot believe we are going to have a granddaughter! Be looking for pink fever. I see a princess in the making. Love each and everyone of you.

    ReplyDelete