I can't believe it's already been two whole years since the very first day we held our little Troy in our arms. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. This little guy really is the cutest little two year old we know! He's got more personality already than both Adam and I combined! He thinks his big brother, Tanner, walks on water and repeats everything he does and says (well, tries to).
This birthday I really slacked. A lot! I had a themed planned, but just got too busy at times to really do any of the things I wanted to do to prepare for this day. I finally decided that no theme was best and instead, just have a bunch of colorful decorations! I think everything turned out cute and Troy enjoyed himself.
Troy's BIG birthday morning started off like normal. Like the kids' birthday mornings usually start off in our family. During the night, birthday magic happened and when he woke, his entire room was filled with colorful balloons (his favorite!). Adam was SO excited to see Troy's excitement when he woke to this surprise, so as soon as he heard him start to wake up this morning he leaped out of bed to see it for himself. Troy was balling and yelling! He was livid there were balloons everywhere and didn't understand why this was happening. Of course, once Dad made a big deal out of it, and showed him how cool it was, Troy thought it was pretty neat!
Sleeping... It took about 70 balloons to bring Adam and I to the point of near-passing-out!
He was dancing with the balloons here!
And then of course, it was a lot of fun to run back and forth through them!
Other than ordering Taco Bell, Adam and I have not had an ounce of Mexican food while living here! So, I decided to fix burritos for the birthday meal! Of course Guacamole and Green Chili were served and everything was delicious! I was so excited everything was so yummy!!
The party scene!
The cupcakes on my pretty new cupcake/cake stand!! I love it!
The balloons were probably my favorite part of the whole party! I knew that I wanted balloons with polka dots and these looked great! Troy of course loved them and they looked so good above the cupcakes!
My poor child got a pink, girl bag from us this year... it was all I had on hand!
This is the big boy!
Standing under the Birthday Wreath!
Troy was SO ready to bring out the cupcakes! He had been crying for one ever since I first started mixing the batter! So, we got everything ready.. lit the candles.. but what Troy didn't realize, is that you have to be sung to to get the treat! So......................
This is what followed...
Mom eventually blew out the candles so he could eat the goodiness!
Much happier!
Well, kinda...
Opening his airplanes from Matt, Mikel, Myles and Olivia!
Tanner loved what all came in the party bags!
Tanner had a rough time today, understanding why today was all about Troy, but he was still a good sport.
New sandals from Grandpa and Gramie.
New books from Dad and Mom.
And a HUGE Buzz Lightyear from Dad, Mom, Tanner and Goose! Have I mentioned he loves Buzz?!
Sadly, I'm getting worse and worse at this. I didn't get a picture of Troy and Tanner together or Troy with any of this party guests. The thought never even crossed my mind. I'll be sure to get some good pictures over the next few days to make up for it! Happy 2nd Birthday Mister, Mister!
No comments:
Post a Comment