Friday, March 18, 2011

Potty Training: Day 1

YES! We have officially started the potty training process. Giving us enough time to prepare for baby!

Day 1 went great! Troy was awesome and Tanner was amazing at helping to remind Troy to sit on the potty chair. He also read to him while he tried to go. 

All day Troy only had a few accidents! He even went all of nap time without any mishaps!!! I can't believe how well he's doing! I'm so excited to think of having him out of diapers and in big boy pants!

I took the boys to the park, so we put a diaper on for that trip, but as soon as we got home he went straight to the potty and not only did he go #1 twice, but he also did his first #2!! I am seriously jumping with joy right now! It was so exciting for him, myself and Tanner. However, I had to get on Tanner because he kept complaining at how bad Troy smelled. And yes, we did take a picture of Troy next to his poo... it's a BIG DEAL! 

In his big boy undies!!


Showing off his poo :)

So, like I said, I took the boys to the park. Tanner made a friend and played with him the entire time. They ran to the top of the hill and next thing I know, I hear Tanner say, "Don't tell your mom, but I gotta go right now!" Uuugh. I look up and see Tanner peeing behind a tree. Mind you, he may look well hidden, but it was sooo obvious what he was doing. I told Adam that this is going under "Dad's Accomplishments" in the scrapbook. Obviously Mom did not teach him this..

His friend keeping watch. Tanner behind the tree

2 comments:

  1. One day Troy will thank you for being so descreet and covering his special times. I love the face. Tell Tanner it is all in a guys day to pee behind a bush or he could be like Kevin and not care where he is like the time he went on the track with a whole bunch of people around. Good times. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great family picture of you guys. When did you take it? Adam is looking very mature and dad like.

    ReplyDelete