I've been going through boxes, little by little, finding a place for things, throwing things, placing things aside to donate and I feel so overwhelmed. Our place is a mess. A disaster. Not to mention that because these boxes have been sitting in storage for a year, lots of different species of bugs have made the nooks and crannies of the insides their home. So, I've also taken up the hobby of pest control. What a mess.
I spent all day, and I mean ALL day, yesterday organizing the boys' room so they'd have an area all their own and to hopefully keep them occupied while I addressed the rest of the boxes and house. Their room is adorable. There's so much that hasn't been put up and probably won't see day light until we've moved into our own, bigger place. But for now, they have an area that's theirs.
I packed all the toys that they've been playing with for the past year and pulled out toys they had forgotten all about. I made their beds for the first time (they now have mattresses and sheets!! Woo hoo!) and what a pain in the rear it is to make them! Whoever thought that bunk beds were a brilliant idea, was pure crazy. (If I recall, I think it was Adam..) Troy just got the table (at the foot of their bed) from Papa and Nana for his birthday, so that's new, along with the doll house (that was mine when I was little).
As soon as I organize the kitchen and living room more I'll post some pictures. Hopefully, everything will be coming down and going back into boxes within the next few months. The thought of packing and unpacking all over again makes me want to cry, but I love seeing our things again and knowing they're ours. It's so nice.
I'm not sure what goes through this child's mind.. he's such a show off :)
Definitely like father, like son
I love their beds!
Still more organizing needs to be done in their room, but here it is as of now. Super cute and child friendly :)
No comments:
Post a Comment