Thursday, March 17, 2011

homework


Tanner is currently working with letters B, G, H, D, and N. He had to draw a picture that started with each letter. I love how little kids' minds work. Just check out his art work. I especially love the hands on his girl and how his house reminds me of a garden gnome (the object that looks like a nose on the house, is in fact the doorbell). 




Tanner loves to draw Gary, the snail (from SpongeBob). Once I showed him how easy it was to draw him, he doodles his portrait down on anything and everything! This time, it was on the back of his homework :) He's such an artist!


I'm so glad we decided to do all of our St. Patty's celebrating yesterday. Last night was rough. Really rough. The boys used most our blankets to build a fort (and then had to sleep in their fort), so Adam and I didn't have many blankets on our bed and it still gets dang cold at night. On top of having to go to the bathroom about 33 times a night, I was having such bad stomach cramping that it made it almost impossible to sleep. About 4am I woke to Troy crying and soon discovered that he had gotten sick and threw up on his bed. After cleaning the mess the boys wanted me to lay with them until they fell asleep. Not as easy as it sounds. Troy kept running his fingers through my hair and pulling through all the knots, and Tanner would rub my hand but then find a mole and start picking at it. After about 5 minutes of that I had had enough and it was time to leave them whining and climb back into my own, cold, cold bed. I woke just in time to get Adam out of bed, to get ready for work, and just as I was about to snuggle in his now empty, but extremely warm spot, Troy walked in and it all wafted in... diahrea. Uuuuuuuuuugh. After changing him, there was no chance the boys were going to let me lay in bed anymore so we had our breakfast and had just snuggled onto the couch, when Troy starts pulling on me and I realize that he's thrown up down the front of him. Into the bath. Out clean, once again. Now, I get to spend the entire day (and probably most of tomorrow) doing laundry and trying to get the sour smell (that's on everything) out for good. I was going to start some potty training with the mister today, but I think it might be a good idea to hold off for a day or two, until he's feeling better. And I'm more rested.

Tanner on the other hand has been breaking out in a rash, covering most of his body, now going on Day 3. It seems to only be flaring up come bed time, which is too late for any Dr. office. (Not quite bad enough for an ER visit) I'm hoping a flair up happens during the day so at least I can show the doctor what I'm talking about. I've searched the internet for similar hives/rashes, but can't quite find the same thing. Did I mention I'm so extremely tired today?! I hope nobody drops by... I don't plan to shower today.

Adam's back to work. His four days off were awesome. Other than the fact that now that they're over, they seem to have flown by, but soon his four, straight days of working a 12+ hour shift will be over and he'll have three days home with us!

My mom, Dave, and brothers will all be here on Monday with all of our things! I'm so excited!!!! I've been dying to take mom to a bunch of craft stores here! Can't wait!

Lastly, our baby update:

(from The Bump)

Baby's now the size of a sweet potato!
Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements.

We find out the 28th if it's a boy or girl!!

2 comments:

  1. Tell Tanner that we think he does such a wonderful job writing his name and drawing pictures that are sooo realistic. Auntie Morgan used to draw her people just like Tanner minus the body. They were just stick figures. Poor little Troy. Hope he feels much better. Can't wait til we get to see you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tanner is doing so good! He is a little artist! I hope your family gets feeling better. I don't love sick days. :(
    I can't believe you're already up to a sweet potato! How crazy, I can't wait to know if that little one is a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete