I was catching up on my most favorite blog in the entire world tonight when I read through her latest post and once again thought of my daily routine. She is amazing, let me tell you. I've never met or seen her (in person) and she is just wonderful. She is how I strive to be. I think, from everything of hers that I've read, she is an amazing mother and wife. So kind. So patient. So loving and forgiving. Everything I need to be better at. Anyways, I was reading her latest post and it went something like this:
"I love when I stay at home all day and cook, clean, organize, garden and other wonderful housewife-work...I strongly believe that housework is the most rewarding feeling."
It's becoming more and more rare that I look at housework as being rewarding and I would LOVE for my mindset on this to change! I'm going to work on this and remind myself, again and again, of what she said next:
"I enjoy the thoughts of my children coming home from school to a clean warm home.
I love thinking that when they use the bathroom, the white tile is clean,
fresh smelling soap and plenty of fluffy toilet paper available.
I love when they drop their backpacks and coats down in the entryway, {sometimes}
and run to the kitchen to see what is cooking, and I love when there is something cooking.
I love seeing rocks and treasures in Ollie's jean pockets when I do the wash.
And I hate to think that my children will be old one day and
I wont do those things for them anymore.
I do those things for my husband and children to show them that I love them so."
I love the way she views.. Life. It truly inspires me to strive to be a better wife and more patient mother. As crazy as it may be, reading her blog (again, by a woman I've never met nor seen) makes me so warm and happy inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment